Come see how easy it is to record your own songs and produce a CD using Studio One recording and production software and PreSonus interface hardware. With the expert tutelage of Michael Canning, you'll multi track a live band and produce a finished song, all in the matter of about an hour and a half!
With PreSonus You have Everything you need for recording and producing
- Multi-track song production
- Demos and musical inspirations
- Live performances
The clinic will cover:
- The difference between dynamic and condenser microphones
- Understanding polar patterns and frequency charts and how the apply to microphone selection
- Use and placement of microphones
- Why Computer based recording as opposed to other methods?
- The do's and dont's of computer based recording.
- PreSonus StudioOne and Capture software review in the recording environment.
- Tracking, mixing and mastering your session.
This is an open clinic, so please bring your questions. The subjects above are a guide line only--this clinic is designed around you!
About Michael Canning
Michael Canning has been a factory sales representative for Pro Audio and Recording products since 1993 and a performing musician for 39 years. He has completed 12 Info-Com Seminars studying Advanced Sound Reinforcement and has an extensive background in recording techniques. Michael is also a member of the National Sound Contractors Association and participates in continuing education seminars with them annually. Michael is currently serving a three year term as one of the directors of the board of NAMM ( the National Association of Music Merchants)
Wednesday, November 16th - West Music Cedar Falls
Monday, November 21st - West Music Quad Cities
Wednesday, November 16th
West Music Cedar Falls
6322 University Avenue
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Monday, November 21st
West Music Quad Cities
4305 44th Avenue
Moline, IL 61265