March Music Madness
And the winner is...
After tens of thousands of views and thousands of votes, it's time to crown the champion of March Music Madness. The honor and distinction of Best Pep Band in the region goes to Cedar Rapids Prairie and The Art Of Noiz! With 269 votes for their video in the finals versus East Buchanan's strong showing of 180 votes. Both schools got to the hop of the heap in their divisions. For Prairie's efforts they will receive a $300 West Music Gift Card to assist their band program!
Congratulations Cedar Rapids Prairie!
As the second place winner, East Buchanan will receive a $200 West Music Gift Card for their program!
Voting has closed! Congratulations to all of the schools, students, and supporters for this our first annual contest!
20 Schools Participating!
Participating Schools include:
In the 1A/2A Division:
In the 3A/4A Division:
How The Contest Works
First Prize - $300 West Music Gift Card
Runner Up - $200 West Music Gift Card
Round 1: Monday, February 25th – Wednesday, February 27th - VOTING CLOSED
Round 2: Thursday, February 28th – Sunday, March 3rd - VOTING CLOSED
Semi-Finals: Monday, March 4th – Wednesday, March 6th - VOTING CLOSED
Finals: Thursday, March 7th – Saturday, March 9th - VOTING CLOSED
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q:How come there are three teams facing off in a single round? How do you determine who wins the round?
- A:Due to the fact that there are an odd number of teams entered in each division, the video with the most votes for the round will win that round.
- Q: The original contest included 2 $300 winners and 2 $200 winners. Why is there only 1 first prize and 1 second prize?
- A: Due to the number of entries we had to scale the contest accordingly. We hope to have more entries next year so we can offer more prizes
- Q: How are you tabulating the votes?
- A: We will be using YouTube's "Like" function and counting the total number of likes a video receives in each round. We are not able to reset the like count, however, we will be commenting the number of likes at the end of each round so we’ll know where to start counting again for the next round.
- Q: When will the winners be announced?
- A: Winners will be announced the week after the contest ends.
- Q: When are the exact voting periods?
- A: Round 1: Monday, February 25th – Wednesday, February 27th
Voting starts on Monday, February 25th at 12:01 am and ends on Wednesday, February 27th at 11:59 pm. - VOTING HAS BEEN CLOSED
The winners of Round 1 will be announced on the morning of Thursday, February 28th with the second round of voting starting at noon that day.
Round 2: Thursday, February 28th – Sunday, March 3rd
Voting starts on Thursday, February 28th at 12:00 pm and ends on Sunday, March 3rd at 11:59 pm. - VOTING HAS BEEN CLOSED
The winners of Round 2 will be announced on the morning of Monday, March 4th with the third round of voting starting at noon that day.
Semi-Finals: Monday, March 4th – Wednesday, March 6th
Voting starts on Monday, March 4th at 12:00 pm and ends on Wednesday, March 6th at 11:59 pm. - VOTING HAS BEEN CLOSED
The winners of the semi-finals will be announced on the morning of Thursday, March 7th with the fourth and final round of voting starting at noon that day.
Finals: Thursday, March 7th – Saturday, March 9th
Voting starts on Thursday, March 7th at 12:00 pm and ends on Saturday, March 9th at 11:59 pm. - VOTING HAS BEEN CLOSED
Official Rules (ie the fine print)
Videos for the contest were required to be submitted by Friday, February 15th at 5 pm in order to qualify for the contest. All videos submitted for the contest have indicated that they have the necessary media releases in place for all students appearing in the videos. All videos submitted have agreed to allow West Music to reproduce and share this video in future marketing and publicity without reservation. As a condition for entry, entrants agree to release, waive, indemnify, and otherwise hold harmless West Music and all persons associated with the contest from any liability associated with your video and this contest to the fullest extent of local or state laws. Entrants also agree to comply with all federal, state, and local laws. West Music will be providing one $300 Gift Card to the winner of the contest and one $200 Gift Card to the runner up in the contest. West Music abides by YouTube's Terms of Service and Community Guidelines in running this contest. YouTube is not a sponsor of this contest and is released from all liability related to this contest.