A Musical Journey in the Footsteps of Lewis and Clark
By Anne Enslow and Ridley Enslow
CD and Booklet
Take an unforgetable journey through 30 songs and tunes while learning about Lewis & Clark. Includes a music CD, accompanying 128-page booklet, all in a shelf-ready vinyl binder. Photographs are included in the booklet.
A short teacher's guide is also part of the set. It contains activities relating to three curriculum connections - music, American history, and English. Teachers are granted permission to make photocopies of the guide for classroom use.
The CD explores the type of music Meriwether Lewis and William Clark might have heard, including 30 songs and tunes from the period. A few short readings from the explorers' journal are included. Together with the narrative in the accompanying booklet, they cover each major step of the way, from President Thomas Jefferson's idea for the journey to Lewis and Clark's return, pulling the reader along in the story and providing a new perspective on the history of the famous explorers.
For grades 5 and up.
1. Jefferson and Liberty
2. The President
3. Good Night and Joy Be With You All
4. La Nouvelle Carel
5. St. Patrick's Day in the Morning (and a journal reading)
6. V'la l'Bon Vent
7. Flowers of Edinburgh
8. Jaw Harp
10. Ding Dong Merrily on High
11. The Old Year Now
12. Hidatsa Friendship Song (and a journal reading)
13. Miss Moore's Rant
15. The Girl I Left Behind Me
16. Bung Your Eye
17. Fisher's Hornpipe
18. Alloa House
19. Noel Nouvelet/Childgrove (and a journal reading)
20. Air from Purcell
21. Auld Lang Syne
22. Staten Island Hornpipe
23. Rise, Columbia!
24. Captain Clark's Quickstep
25. Welcome Here Again (and a journal reading)
26. Fill Every Glass
27. The Mighty Deeds of Captain Lewis
29. Love in a Village/Successful Campaign/Barbarini's Tambourine
30. Mandan Heartbreak Song
4.0 (based on 1 customer reviews)
© 2017 West Music Company