Learn the ins and outs of leading a band to musical excellence and the universal challenges band directors face while making their band the best it can be. Author Thomas McCauley writes in an engaging, conversational style that feels as if you are chatting over coffee, learning about insights, mistakes, revelations, and triumphs that would help any band director. Chapter topics include:
• Job interviews
• You are the new band director...now what?
• Repertoire is important...choose wisely
• Study and preparation
• The Lesson Plan is the score
• The first ten minutes
• It’s always the person on the podium
• Smart instrument substitutions
• Mental resolve
• Marvelous materials to help you on your journey
No reviews available.
© 2018 West Music Company