Beginning Hand Drumming
A Guide to Recreation and Wellness
By Jill Sager
DVD and 64-page booklet
Elementary grades through adults
A complete and easy-to-follow guide to teach you the basics of hand drumming. It combines traditional knowledge with drum circle tips and lots of hands-on fun. With this book and DVD, you will learn hand drum technique, world beat rhythms, what to play at drum circles, and much more. You will gain valuable insights about hand drumming using congas, djembes, and hand percussion, for both individual and group applications. Hand drumming is a relaxing, creative and fun way for you to express yourself and spend time with others.
With this package you will:
- Examine the myth of possessing "no rhythm."
- Explore creative approaches to unleash the rhythm inside you.
- Learn practical exercises to develop technique and improve your ear.
- Play fun and beautiful traditional rhythms.
- Explore all the ways to play at drum circles.
- Learn the "nuts and bolts" about hand drum and percussion instruments.
- Create a supportive environment so you can play with family and friends.
- Enjoy creating rhythms with the extensive play-along segments on the DVD.
This book with DVD is perfect for drummers of all ages, drum circle participants and facilitators, elementary through high school music teachers, parents and families, nursing homes and senior centers, recreation centers, churches and music therapists and social workers.
No reviews available.
© 2017 West Music Company