Feel the Beat
By LeAnn Haggard
Here is a new way for kids to stimulate their body and brain. The progression of warm-up, isolations, locomotor movements, and the build up to cardio-rhythmic dance routines, followed by a cool-down, will help children become fit. The guide includes instructions, the value of each routine, and a vocabulary of the rhythmic terms. There are narrated routines and instrumentals for creative movement.
For ages 4-9.
LeAnn was the 2004 Indiana Dance Educator, the 2005 Midwest District K-12 Dance Educator of the Year, and the 2006 National Dance Educator of the Year, sponsored through the professional organizations, NDA (National Dance Association) and AAHPERD (the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance).
1. Space Rock Warm-Up (Getting started)
2. Break Beat Boogie (Isolations)
3. Wiggle and Walk (Circle Time)
High-Energy Dance-Style Routines
4. Feel the Beat (African style)
5. Funky Fitness (Latin style)
6. Techno Trek (Hip Hop style)
7. Classical Connection (Groovy moves)
8. Jazzy Jazz (Cool It Down - 60 BPM)
Pick Up the Beat! (for 7-9 year olds)
9. Feel the Beat (African style)
10. Funky Fitness (Latin style)
11. Techno Trek (Hip Hop style)
12-19 (instrumentals of 1-8)
No reviews available.
© 2017 West Music Company