First Steps in Music for Preschool and Beyond Complete Curriculum Package
First Steps in Music Series
By John Feierabend
Softcover book with 4 CDs
Written by a national leader in early childhood music education, this creatively illustrated book contains everything you need to lead a music class for preschool and early elementary students, including:
- Echo songs, call-and-response songs, simple songs, song tales, action songs, circle games, beat motion activities and more.
- Repertoire based on folk or traditional songs and rhymes, because of their natural melodic expressiveness and language flow and wonder.
- Complete lesson plans for a 3-year curriculum.
- Full coordination with high-quality recordings that contain all the rhymes and music from this book - perfect for parents to play at home or in the car.
- Suggestions on setting up a class, preparing parents, record keeping, expanding your music program and planning ahead.
- A classical music component, perfect for movement and exploration.
The Complete Curriculum Package:
The curriculum book First Steps in Music for Preschool and Beyond
Had a Little Rooster CD (first year lessons)
There's a Hole in the Bucket CD (second year lessons)
Old Joe Clark CD (third year lessons)
Keeping the Beat with the Classics CD
The Book of Call and Response
The Book of Beginning Circle Games
The Book of Children's Song Tales
The Book of Echo Songs
The Book of Movement Exploration
The Book of Pitch Exploration
The Book of Songs and Rhymes with Beat Motions
The Book of Finger Plays and Action Songs
- Getting Started
- The Musical Workout
- Pitch Exploration (Vocal Warm-ups)
- Song Fragments - Echo Songs and Call-and-Response Songs
- Simple Songs
- Song Tales
- Movement Exploration (developing expressive sensitivity through creative movement)
- creative movement with and without classical music accompaniment
- Movement for Form and Expression (singing/speaking and moving with formal structure and expression)
- Non-Locomotor (fingerplays, action songs, circle games, with recorded music)
- Locomotor (circle games, with recorded music)
- Beat Motion Activities (developing competencies in maintaining the beat in groups of 2 and 3)
- Child-Initiated Songs and Rhymes - non-locomotor and locomotor
- Teacher-Initiated Beat Motions - non-locomotor and locomotor
- Planning Lessons (templates)
- Sample Lessons (3 years, 2 semesters each year, 12 sessions each semester)
- Final Thoughts
The correlating DVD's are Move It (850882) and Move It 2 (852339), available separately.