First, We Sing: Digital Resource Supplements
For Planning, Assessment and Preparation
By Susan Brumfield
Resource book and digital access
Grades K - 5
Easy-to-use digital tools help implement this practical, creative and flexible resource for bringing Kodály's approach into your classroom. No special software is needed.
Digital Templates for Planning and Assessment
- Planning tools to use "as is" or customize the templates for grade level objectives (yearly plans), daily lesson plans, and checklists.
- Assessment templates that are easy to use for efficient assessment for group and individual progress. Use rubrics and checklists to modify sequence, track students' progression through the "three-step process," track students' growth and development of musical skills, and record individual and class progress from the scope and sequence for each grade.
Digital Supplements for Teaching Strategies
Create student activity slides for preparation, presentation, and practice lessons. Each file contains music notation "snips" and graphics designed for use with your tablet, computer, or interactive whiteboard. Teacher-friendly, step-by-step instructions make it easy to customize the content.
Digital Activity Cards
Now in digital form, individual activity cards can be sorted, selected, and saved for easy access. Copy, drag, and drop the card files into folders for specific lessons, or just browse the digital "card file" for ideas.
Digital Download Content
Digital Tools for Planning
- Templates for Song Analysis and Lesson Planning
- Activity Cards
- Digital Supplements for Teaching Strategies
Digital Tools for Assessment
- Assessment in the Kodály-Inspired Classroom
- Checklist for Colncept Readiness and Mastery
- Activity Card Assessment Rubrics
- Skill Development Assessment Rubrics
- Additional Resources and References
- Digital Library of Rhythmic Element Images
No reviews available.
© 2018 West Music Company