Eric Wilkinson and Scott Rush have created a practical guide to all aspects of a successful choral program in Habits of a Successful Choir Director. The book presents effective teaching principles and provides a practical approach to everyday issues choir directors face:
• Program organization and management
• Teaching the components of singing
• Rehearsal strategies and ensemble fundamentals
• Music literacy and repertoire selection
• Strategies for assessment
• The significance of music making
Additional sections address musicianship, classroom management, working with parents and colleagues, the importance of warm-up time, building student leadership, professional development, field trips, fundraising, schoolwide scheduling, developing a mission statement, and quality of life issues.
No reviews available.
© 2018 West Music Company