Hot Jams for Recorder with Guitar and Drum
By Jim Solomon
Book and CD
Grades 4 and up
This marvelous collection of original recorder pieces is accompanied by guitar and drum. The rousing recorder parts are appropriate for upper elementary school through adult level players. Many of the guitar chord progressions are standard and are all playable by teachers using basic chords. The enclosed CD includes all parts.
Each piece has Teaching Process Suggestions that provide new insights into teaching recorder. There are ideas for directed listening, improvisation, visuals, and movement. Students are given opportunities to explore their own creativity as they develop their musicianship. Fully reproducible, the 15 captivating songs are performance-tested and powerfully engaging. They will add spice to any program. This book is a superb choice for any classroom.
Contents (Title - recorder notes):
1. Toasted - B, A, G, E
2. Lighthouse Jam - B, A, G, E, D
3. Serene - high C, A, G, E, D, low C
4. Kick Off - B, A, G, E
5. Storm Clouds - B, A, G, E, D
6. Zephyr - high D, high, C, B, A, G, E
7. Samba in the BAG - B, A, G
8. Oh Yeah - B, A, G, E
9. Freeze - high E, high D, B, A, G, E, D
10. Waves - high E, high D, C, B, A, G, E
11. Glide - high D, high C, B, A, G, E, D, C
12. Suspension - high C, B, A, G
13. King - Sop high E. high D. high C. B. A. G. E; Alto E, D, B; Tenor B, A, E
14. Trance - Sop high D, B, A, G, F#, E; Alto E, D, B; Tenor A, G, F#, E
15. From C to Shining E - high E, high D, high C, B, A, G, F, E, D, C (two-part SR)
No reviews available.
© 2018 West Music Company