Inside the Music Classroom
Teaching the Art with Heart
By Patricia Bourne
For grades K - 6
The author draws on her many years of teaching experience in writing about the pairing of the practical and philosophical in K-6 general music. There are no essons and activities, but the text will cause the reader to contemplate issues music educators face as well as what might improve instruction.
Chapter 1 poses questions on the role of the music educator in a school. Chapter 2 includes implications and applications of educational theories of thought and research. Chapter 3 looks at curricula from a content and skills standpoint with attention to the sequence needed to build musicianship. Chapter 4 explores the bringing of one's heart into teaching without getting crushed and looks at classroom management style.
1. Going Inside the Music Classroom
2. Who's Inside the Music Classroom?
3. What's Inside the Music Classroom?
4. Bringing Heart Inside the Music Classroom (Without Getting Hammered)
5. Above and Beyond the Music Classroom
6. Finding "It" and Staying in the Music Classroom
Bibliography and Selected Resources
No reviews available.
© 2017 West Music Company