Latin American Legends: On Page, on Stage and in Song
By Patti Lozano
Book and CD
Latin American Legends in Spanish. This volume introduces Latin American culture in a captivating collection of popular and little-known legends, fables and fok tales. The 10 illustrated stories are written either in prose or as a play, each accompanied by a catchy, original song. Teacher notes about the song or legend and any teacher instructions are in English.
The included audio CD has each song. Each legend is preceded by Preparation Pages and is followed by pages containing musical notation, song lyrics, comprehension questions, crossword puzzles and activities.
The tales are written so that intermediate Spanish speakers may experience the richness of Hispanic folklore with all their senses as they read, perform and sing.
II. Legends and songs
1. Medio-Pollito (based on the Spanish legend)
2. El hombre caiman (based on the Colombian legend)
3. Nucu, el gusano (based on the Bolivian legend)
4. Todo o nada (based on the Texas legend)
5. El tigre y el grillo (based on the Mexican legend)
6. El amuleto sagrado (based on the Guatemalan legend)
7. La familia Real (based on the Honduran legend)
8. Las manchas del sapo (based on the Argentinian legend)
9. El plan de Tupa (based on the Brazilian legend)
10. La suerte de Don Ramon (fr. the Mexican legend)
III. Crossword Puzzle Answer Keys
No reviews available.
© 2017 West Music Company