Listening Resource Kit 1 Digital Resources
By Denise Gagne
This resource for teachers with computer/projectors or Smartboards adds beautiful full color visuals with embedded audio to the Listening Kit 1. It includes listening maps, composer information, instrument information, illustration of musical concepts, listening logs, venn diagrams and much more! All the rhythm instrument play alongs are notated, all of the ribbon routines projected.
Projectables / Handouts are included that teachers can use with any piece of music. Generic Listening Slides Include:
• Art and Music – project or print as a handout "Create your own design to show splotchy or smooth notes," "Musical Colors" and "Draw a picture to show the line"
• Emotions and Music – 5 projectable/handouts to have children describe how the music makes them feel
• Expressive Elements: 12 projectable/handouts to have children listen to and describe dynamics, tempo, articulation
• Flashcards or Word Wall illustrations of articulation (7 pages), dynamics (13 pages), feelings (8 pages) pitch (9 pages), tempo (16) and timbre (9).
• Instrument Families – a 23 page interactive PDF is included with linked audio to introduce all the instruments of the orchestra. (This is also given as a SMART Notebook file)
• Evaluating Music
All 40 tracks in the Listening Resource Kit 1 have an interactive PDF file with embedded audio for teachers with a computer/projector and a SMART Notebook file for teachers with a SMART Board. This resource can be used by any teacher who can project a PDF.
Videos of children doing some of the movement activities in the resource are included. These include Copycat game and Ribbon activities.
Each track includes information about the composer and the composition. All the activities that are suggested in the Listening Resource Kit are included and MUCH MORE – rhythm instrument play alongs, listening maps, illustrations of musical concepts, listening logs, response journals, and additional teaching notes.
Anyone who has used the Listening Resource Kits will appreciate the quality and usefulness of the digital edition.
No reviews available.
© 2017 West Music Company