Listening Resource Kit Level 1
By Denise Gagne
Book and CD
For grades preK - 2 (especially 1)
This book & CD set contains everything you need for a quality music listening program, including:
- CD featuring recordings from the CBC (Canada) library
- classroom lessons and activities
- intercom listening scripts for daily intercom listening (each is used over 5 days)
- reproducible handouts about major composers.
- reproducible instrument family pages
- rhythm instrument scores to let you play along with listening examples
- listening maps and bulletin board masters
- internet references
- movement activities; scarf, ribbon, parachute, & finger puppet activities; and art activities
- a reproducible listening log for students write about what they hear
- curriculum correlations to other subject areas and suggested readings.
Selections are categorized by musical period, form, concepts, and instruments. Teachers are permitted to reproduce the pages in this kit for the use of the students in one school.
Categorized Lists of Listening Selections
Guidelines for Introducing Listening Selections
STILL - Silent Time for Individual Listening Logs
Dynamics - Is It Soft or Loud
Tempo - Is It Fast or Slow
Articulation - Is It Separated or Smooth
The Woodwind Family
The Brass Family
The Percussion Family
The String Family
Conductor of the Day - Conducting Patterns
Chart of Listening Examples We Have Heard
Cue Card Listening
Composer of the Month
Classroom Activities - How to Use This Kit
Sounds Around Us
What Keeps a Beat
Fast/ Slow; Loud/ Soft; High/ Low
Introduction and Royal March of the Lion (Saint-Saens); Hens & Roosters; Wild Donkeys; Tortoises; The Elephant; Kangaroos; Aquarium; Personages with Long Ears; The Cuckoo in the Heart of the Woods; Aviary; Pianists; Fossils; The Swan; Finale; Peter & the Wolf; Sergei Prokofiev; Activities & Resources for Peter & the Wolf; The Bird; The Duck; The Cat; Grandfather; The Wolf; Peter; Hunters; Hunters' Rifles; Assessment of Tracks 20-27; Who Plays My Theme Worksheet; Biography - Mozart; Balletmusik from Les Petits Riens K.299b; Contradance 2 from 5 Contradances K.609; Balletmusik 9 from Les Petits Riens K.299b; At the Cradle (Grieg); Biography - Grieg; Galliard Battaglia (Scheidt); Chinese Dance (Tchaikovsky); Nutcracker Story; Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy (Tchaikovsky); Winter from The 4 Seasons (Vivaldi); Gigue from The Alchymist (Handel); Gigue from Water Music Suite (Handel); Minuet from Water Music Suite (Handel); Flight of the Bumblebee (Rimsky-Korsakov); Valse opus 64 #1 (Chopin); Biography - Chopin; Scaramella (des Pres); Marche (Quinault); Rondeau (Quinault); Implementing an Intercom Listening Program; Scripts for Daily Intercom Listening.
No reviews available.
© 2017 West Music Company