Posted on November 14, 2016
Listening Resource Kit Level 2
By Denise Gagne
Book and CD
For grade 2
This book and CD set contains everything you need for a quality music listening program, including:
- CD featuring recordings from the CBC (Canada) library
- classroom lessons and activities
- intercom listening scripts for daily intercom listening (each is used over 5 days)
- reproducible biographies of major composers that are in this kit
- reproducible instrument family pages
- rhythm instrument scores to let you play along with listening examples
- listening maps and bulletin board masters
- internet references
- movement activities; scarf, ribbon, parachute, & beach ball activities; and art activities
- listening games
- a reproducible listening log for students write about what they hear
- response journal
- Concert Manners worksheet
- curriculum correlations to other subject areas and suggested readings
Selections are categorized by musical period, form, concepts, and instruments; a chart of listening selections is also included. Teachers are permitted to reproduce the pages in this kit for the use of the students in one school.
The video referenced in this volume is Bach’s Fight for Freedom (item# 850871).
Introduction; CD Contents; Categorized Lists of Listening Selections; Guidelines for Introducing Listening Selections; STILL - Silent Time for Individual Listening Logs; Dynamics - Is It Soft or Loud; Tempo - Is It Fast or Slow; Articulation - Is It Separated or Smooth; Which Way Do the Notes Go; The Woodwind Family; The Brass Family; The Percussion Family; The String Family; Conductor of the Day - Conducting Patterns; Chart of Listening Examples We Have Heard; Listening Log; Cue Card Listening; Composer of the Month; Classroom Activities - How to Use This Kit; Sounds Around Us; What Keeps a Beat; Gigue (Handel); Grave (Rosenmuller); Biography - Handel; Galliard Battaglia (Scheidt); Personages with Long Ears (Saint-Saens); Wild Horseman (Schumann); Hungarian Dance (Brahms); Biography - Schumann; Biography - Brahms; Autumn (Vivaldi); La Bassa Castiglia (Gulielmus); Biography - Vivaldi; Fossils (Saint-Saens); Fossils Listening Map; Fireworks (Debussy); Fig Leaf Rag (Joplin); Rhythm Instrument Playalong: Fig Leaf Rag; Sleighride (Mozart); Sleighride Listening Map; The Nutcracker Story; Overture to The Nutcracker (Tchaikovsky); Dance of the Mirlitorons (Tchaikovsky); Dance of the Mirlitorons Listening Map; Biography - Bach; Allegro Assai (Bach); Goldberg Variations (Bach); Minuet in G (Bach); Scherzo (Caplet); Claire de la Lune (Debussy); Rondo (Mion); Rondo Listening Map; Hornpipe (Handel); Spring (Vivaldi); Spring Listening Map; Summer (Vivaldi); Overture (Handel); Biography - Grieg; Butterfly (Grieg); Kangaroos (Saint-Saens); Aquarium (Saint-Saens); Contradance 1 (Mozart); Rhythm Instrument Playalong: Contradance 1; Biography - Mozart; The Bluebird (Tchaikovsky); XI Pantomime (Mozart); Rhythm Instrument Playalong: Pantomime; Implementing an Intercom Listening Program; Scripts for Daily Intercom Listening; Assessment; Concert Manners; Glossary.
No reviews available.
Posted on November 14, 2016
Posted on July 08, 2016
Posted on October 01, 2015