Middle Eastern Songs & Dances for Children
Middle Eastern Songs and Dances for Children features twelve traditional folk songs performed by the group ANATOLIA. ANATOLIA is a western Massachusetts-based group of talented musicians whose love and dedication to Middle Eastern music has earned them wide acclaim from both ethnomusicologists and audiences at sold-out performances. The CD explores the rich acoustic sounds of Middle Eastern folk music instruments including kanun (zither), baglama and buzuq (long neck lutes), divan sazi (large baglama), ud (short neck lute, also known as oud), klarnet (clarinet), keman (violin), bandir (also known as deff), riqq (tambourine), darbuka (dumbek), tabla, zills (finger cymbals) ,sipsi (single cane reed), zurna (double reed shawm), akordeon (accordion) and vocals.
Correlates with the book Middle Eastern Songs & Dances for Children, item# 845227.
1. Ali Baba'nin Ciftligi (Ali Baba's Farm)
2. Mehter Marsi (Old Army March)
3. Usudum (I am Cold)
4. Tren Gelir Hos Gelir (The Train Song)
5. Seftali Agaclari (Peach Trees)
6. Postaci (The Postman)
7. Tencere Kapagi Dansi (Pot Cover Dance)
8. Indim Dere Irmaga (I Went to the River)
9. Demirciler (Iron Makers Song)
10. Istemem Baba Cim!(Father I Don't Want Him!)
11. Kasap Havasi (Butcher's Dance)
12. Hicaz Ninni (Lullaby in Hicaz Makam)
No reviews available.
© 2018 West Music Company