Mr. Bach Comes to Call
Classical Kids series
approx. 54 min.
Based on historical fact, this DVD features more than 20 excerpts of Bach's best-loved works performed by The Bach Choir of Bethlehem and Bach Festival Orchestra.
Story: After the dramatic send-off of Bach's music into space aboard Voyager II, Mr. Bach unexpectedly arrives at the house of Elizabeth, a present-day child, who is awkwardly practicing his famous Minuet in G.
Along with 3 of Bach's choir boys, Elizabeth learns about his life -his 20 children, his stay in prison, Anna Magdalena, the exciting family picnics, concerts and his music, including a composition based on a well-loved nursery rhyme. She moves from skepticism to respect for Bach's good-humored nature and musical brilliance. Only at the end do we learn the reason for Bach's visit: "So that my music will never again be forgotten...for wherever my music is being played, I am alive."
- Music Gallery with more than 50 minutes of music from the award-winning Classical Kids series
- Music excerpts from the film
- Excerpts from "Make a Joyful Noise," an Emmy award-winning PBS 39 documentary on The Bach Choir of Bethlehem
- Selected activities and sample pages from the Classical Kids Mr. Bach Comes to Call teacher notes (805174 book and CD set, available separately)
- Preview of the Emmy award-winning DVD Beethoven Lives Upstairs (850873)
No reviews available.
© 2018 West Music Company