Music for Children Vol. IV
Minor: Drone Bass Triads
Adapted by Margaret Murray
Volume IV - minor: drone bass triads. Songs and pieces using the full range of the aeolian, dorian and phrygian modes. Accompaniments are founded on drone bass, with the later addition of simple chords.
Part One: Drone Bass
1. King Herod and the cock 2. Short pieces for barred percussion instruments 3. Ostinato exercises for barred instruments 4. Evening red and morning grey 5. More sayings 6. Pieces to be played on all types of instruments 7. Weather sayings 8. The keys of Canterbury 9. Pieces for recorders 10. Deux chansons 11. Marmotte 12. Two pieces 13. Gjeite Lok (Norwegian goatherd's song) 14. Piece for recorders 15. Amor, amor 16. The bridge 17. The nightjar 18. The cuckoo's fallen to his death 19. A babe is born
20. Connemara lullaby 21. Short pieces for barred instruments 22. Pieces for recorders 23. Joyous Easter hymn 24. Pastorals 25. C'est le mai 26. Dance 27. From the Song of Solomon 28. There is no rose of such virtue 29. Two prayers 30. Yonder sits a fair young damsel 31. Dance 32. The virgin unspotted
33. Mother, oh Mother, so hungry am I 34. Melodies for singing to a xylophone accompaniment 35. For recorder and drum 36. Evening prayer 37. Three dances 38. Mary at the cross 39. Ascension
Part Two: Triads
1. What shall we do with the drunken sailor? 2. Pieces for barred instruments 3. Ostinato pieces 4. When Mary thro' the garden went 5. Malcolm Laddie 6. Dance 7. The fair lady
The Tonic, Mediant and Other Triads
8. Instrumental piece 9. The jolly ploughboy 10. Piece 11. Studies in triads (for recorders or other instruments) 12. Decoration of the third 13. The heavy clouds are blown this way 14. Ostinato pieces 15. Three angels are singing 16. The coasts of high Barbary
No reviews available.