Page, Stage and Song: Latin American Legends
By Patti Lozano
Book and CD
Latin American Legends in English. This volume introduces Latin American culture in a captivating collection of popular and little-known legends, fables and fok tales. The 10 illustrated stories are written either in prose or as a play, each accompanied by a catchy, original song. The included audio CD has each song.
Each legend is preceded by Preparation Pages and is followed by pages contaning musical notation, song lyrics, comprehension questions, crossword puzzles and activities. The tales are written so that intermediate English speakers may experience the richness of Hispanic folklore with all their senses as they read, perform and sing.
II. Legends and songs
1. Half-Chick (based on the Spanish legend, "Medio-Pollito")
2. The Crocodile Man (based on the Colombian legend, "El hombre caiman")
3. Nucu, the Worm (based on the Bolivian legend, "Nucu, el gusano")
4. All or Nothing (based on the Texas legend, "Todo o nada")
5. The Tiger and the Cricket (based on the Mexican legend, "El tigre y el grillo")
6. The Sacred Amulet (based on the Guatemalan legend, "El amuleto sagrado")
7. The Tittle-Tattlers (based on the Honduran legend, "La familia Real")
8. Why the Toad Has Splotches (based on the Argentinian legend, "Las manchas del sapo")
9. Tupa's Plan (based on the Brazilian legend, "El plan de Tupa")
10. Don Ramon and Lady Luck (fr. the Mexican legend, "La suerte de Don Ramon")
III. Crossword Puzzle Answer Keys
No reviews available.
© 2018 West Music Company