Smart Moves: Why Learning Is Not All in Your Head
By Carla Hannaford, Ph.D.
this second edition book presents the body's role in thinking and learning in a popular readable style, thoroughly supported by scientific research. Biologist and educator Carla Hannaford tells us why we must move, and shows us how to move to fully activate our potential as learners. With over 150,000 copies sold, and traslations in nine languages, Smart Moves is having a great and growing impact on learners of all ages, from the gifted to the so-called learning-disabled.
Ways of Knowing
1. Learning Is Not All in Your Head
2. Neural Networks - Superhighways to Development
3. Sensory Experience
4. The Role of Emotions
5. Making Connections
7. Moves that Improve
Nurturing and Protecting Our Learning Systems
8. What Goes Wrong?
9. Basic for the Brain: Water and Oxygen
10. Basics for the Brain: Nutrition
11. The Vestibular System and Learning Disorders
12. Fight or Flight - The Stress Effect on Learning
13. Mis-Education and The Labeling Game
14. Drugs and Hyperactivity
15. Looking Outward for Models
No reviews available.
© 2018 West Music Company