We're here to help!
Call for suggestions or assistance

Studio 49 AM-05 Tubing for Soprano/Alto Metallophone

Brand: Studio 49


Item: #255133
In Stock, Ready to Ship!
+ add to wishlist

For Studio 49 soprano or alto metallophones made between 1975-1992.


If your soprano or alto metallophone has a plastic insert as a liner inside the resonator box, this is the repair part for you.  One black rubber mounting strip, rubber sleeves for the nails and a felt strip are to be used on either side of the Soprano or Alto metallophone.


No reviews available.


Browse 4 questions and 5 answers
Hide answersShow all answers | Sort by
Why did you choose this?
West Music Store
I need to repair Studio 49 metallophones!
Martha G on Feb 29, 2012
I was able to repair a metallohone and now I have instruments two put two at and instrument.
David L on Sep 25, 2011
The description doesn't say how much tubing you get for $27.20. will I be able to repair several instruments?
A shopper on May 27, 2015
Best Answer: This is enough tubing for one instrument- one strip of cording per side.
Reply · Report · Mark JStaff on May 28, 2015
· Add Answer · I Have This Question Too (0)
Any suggestions on how to remove the old felt?
A shopper on Jun 4, 2014
Best Answer: Mine came out simply by ripping it out from one end. If there's residue, you can use a putty knife or an exacto knife to get out the rest. I had little felt "puffs"/residue left on the bottom, but it didn't affect the instrument at all.
Reply · Report · Kate L on Jan 29, 2016
· Add Answer · I Have This Question Too (0)
I have a Studio 49 Alto Metallophone that I purchased in 1989, and I need to replace the tubing that covers the metal pins. The metallophone has felt on one side and rubber on the other side. But it does NOT have a plastic lining. Would this be the correct tubing for the instrument?
Angie L on Jul 25, 2013
Best Answer: Hi, Angie.
I'm Kendall from Dancing Wood Music Instrumentarium Restoration. If it was purchased in 1989, it has to have a plastic resonator. You can't see that unless you remove some bars and look inside. They covered the outside with a wood vaneer.
That's a long way of saying "Yes".
You may wat to put a dab of elmers on each of the rubber caps to prevent loss. Also-put the felt on AFTER the new caps are in place.
Reply · Report · Kendall A on Jul 25, 2013
· Add Answer · I Have This Question Too (0)

Additional Resources

What Does "Orff" Really Mean?

Posted on August 18, 2015

Ring, Dance, and Play

Posted on March 11, 2015

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Buy BoardAdopt a ClassroomReverbClass WalletEbay
NAMM Believe in MusicNational Association for Music EducationNAMM Top DealersMusic Inc Mag Retail Excellence AwardHoopla Now Four Time WinnerIowa's Creative Cooridor
Current DMA Code: '501'