Thirty Days to Music Intervals
Ready-to-use Lessons and Reproducible Activities for the Music Classroom
By Audrey Snyder
For grades 4 - 8
These self-guided lessons and ready-to-use reproducible activity sheets are ideal for choir, band, general music class and orchestra. Perhaps no skill is more relevant in learning to sight-read and the development of aural awareness as the recognition of intervals by sight and by sound.
Each of the 30 lessons is presented in a logical sequence and will help students learn to recognize all types of intervals through both sight and sound. Throughout the series of flexible lessons, students are given ample opportunity to sing and play the whole array of intervals, and develop their musicianship by identifying intervals within the context of songs.
1. Major scale pattern 2. Minor scale pattern 3. Prime and Octave
4. Major second 5. Minor second 6. Major third 7. Minor third 8. Review and Practice 9. Perfect fourth 10. Perfect fifth 11. Augmented fourth and Diminished fifth 12. Review and Practice 13. Major sixth 14. Minor sixth 15. Major seventh 16. Minor seventh 17. Review and Practice
18. Intervals with altered notes 19. Identifying intervals with accidentals
Practice with Diatonic and Non-Diatonic Intervals:
20. Major seconds 21. Minor seconds 22. Major thirds
23. Minor thirds 24. Review and Practice 25. Perfect fourths and Perfect fifths 26. Augmented fourths and Diminished fifths 27. Major sixths and Minor sixths 28. Major sevenths and Minor sevenths 29. Review and Practice 30. Putting It All Together
No reviews available.
© 2017 West Music Company