Together Again in Harmony
Combining Orff Schulwerk and Music Learning Theory
By Diane Lange
As in her first book Together in Harmony (item 823263), Lange shows how the Orff Schulwerk approach works well with Edwin E. Gordon's Music Learning Theory. This second volume contains more activities and suggestions for working with grades K-5.
The first three chapters talk about the basics of Orff Schulwerk, Music Learning Theory, and how they can be coordinated for maximum learning - the perfect "balanced diet" of songs and activities.
The 36 activities in chapter eight put the ideas into practice. Each activity includes information about the suggested grade level, objectives and instructions for meshing both Orff Schulwerk and Music Learning Theory.
The goal of both approaches is to develop independent musicians who can intelligently communicate their musical ideas.
1. Creating a Balanced Diet of Tonalities in Elementary School
2. Creating a Balanced Diet of Meters in Elementary School
3. Movement: Readiness for Stylistic Performances and Rhythmic Accuracy
4. Music Literacy: Sequential Learning Towards Independent Musicianship
5. Model More - Talk Less: The Importance of Creativity and Improvisation in a Combined Orff Schulwerk and Music Learning Theory Classroom
6. "Learning by Doing" Approach to Teaching Music
8. 36 Activities
Kindergarten - Fuzzy Wuzzy, Balloons, Laughing Monkey, Cheeka (Chiquitas), Making Soup, Musical Adventures of Dori
First Grade - Toembai, Nanny Goat, Bubbles Everywhere, Quiet Nights, Polly Put the Kettle On, Boys and Girls Come Out to Play
Second Grade - Elephants Walk, From a Popcorn Song, Sandy Land, Fish Alive, Wind the Bobbin, Bow Belinda
Third Grade - Fish Alive, Scraping Up Sand, Hop Old Squirrel, Benjamin Franklin, A Horse and a Flea, Raining Rondo
Fourth Grade - Little 'Liza Jane, Triple Rondo, The Music Box, Love Somebody, Riding in a Buggy, To Stop the Train
Fifth Grade - I Got a Letter This Morning, Can't Dance Josey, I've Got a Dog, Bells and Whistles, The Swing, O Susanna
No reviews available.
© 2018 West Music Company