A La Claire Fontaine Book 5
The Windsongs Series
For Recorder, Orff or Kodaly Programs
By Berthe Kulich and Joe Berarducci
Progressive method for soprano recorder - for individual or classroom instruction. This is the fifth in a sequential series of six books leading from the first steps in recorder playing to musical literacy and the threshold of consort playing.
The first books in the series use sol-fa syllables and lead to reading staff notation (same with rhythm syllables). Books 5 and 6 use traditional notation. A table illustrating the transtioin from rhythm syllables to proper note values is found in Book 5. Two, Three, and four-part songs and dances are found in Book 5. A combination of both English and French songs which draw on the rich heritage of Canadian folk songs are also used.
For upper elementary grades.
Adds the notes C#, Eb, and the high register.
- Note Values; Time Signatures
- Fingering Chart
- C Major; Low C
- Round in C; Springtime; Les Cloches; Rejoyce; Waltz; Mystery Tune
- Articulation; Use of Articulation
- Rejoyce; She's Like the Swallow; Little Man In a Fix; Folk Song; Russian Folk Tune; Branle de Champagne; Branle des Sabots; Canarie; Bouffons
- Echo Songs: Follow Me; This Here Goat; The Water Is Wide; The Keeper
- D Major; High C#
- Morning Has Broken; Caimarusa
- Latin American Songs: Water Come to Me Eye; Mango Walk
- Partner Songs: This Old Man/Michael Finnigin; The Keel Row/Fire Down Below
- Mixed Meter
- Tenor Recorder; Use of the Tenor Recorder
- Polly Wolly Doodle; Bonjour Mes Amies, Haul on the Bowline; Donkey Riding; A La Claire Fontaine ; Ah! Si Mon Moine; Lightly Row
- F Major; D Minor: Ah! Poor Bird; Mystery Tune; Hungarian Canons 1 & 2; Rise Up O Flame; Tambourine
- G Minor: Bb Major: Hey Ho Nobody Home; Toembai; Oh! How Lovely Is the Evening; L'Apprenti Pastouriau
- A Minor; E Minor: Ghost of Tom
- Major and Minor Half Scales
- Rounds, Canons, Songs and Folk Dances: My Goose; London's Burning; Kookaburra; Le Coq Est Mort; Frog Round; Postillion; Tallis Canon; Don't Throw Your Junk; Mama Don't 'Low; Zepperl Polka; Hornpipe
- The Alto Recorder
- Fingering: E - D - C
- Practice Tunes
- Fingering: Low B, High F#
- Practice Tunes
- Ensemble Pieces: Water Come a Me Eye; J'entends le Moulin; I'se the B'ye; D'ou Viens Tu Bergere; Entre le Boeuf; Baloo Baleerie; Shalom