The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra
By Wesley Ball.
For grades 4-8
This familiar standard by English composer Benjamin Britten has become the classic introduction to the sights and sounds of the orchestra for young people. Enhance music appreciation and explore the unique qualities of the instruments in a symphony orchestra with this creative collection of visuals and strategies.
This value-packed classroom kit includes a Book with CD (821024) and the Discover the Instruments of the Orchestra poster pak (530094).
Created for the music classroom, the Activity Book with CD features a variety of reproducible listening maps and games, helpful teaching suggestions, and a full-length version of this masterwork performed by the Slovak Symphony Orchestra. Make music listening fun and active!
1. The Theme: Meet the Families of the Orchestra (with listening map)
2. Meet the Woodwinds (with listening map)
3. Meet the Strings and Their Cousin, the Harp (with listening map)
4. Meet the Brass Instruments (with listening map)
5. Meet the Percussion Instruments (with listening map)
6. Experience the Concept of Fugue - Body Percussion/Canon
7. Roll Call! Here Come the Instruments One-by-One: A Fugue Finale
8. Art Project
9. Adding Narration
Musical Score - The Theme and Variation E (strings)
1. Meet Two English Composers: Henry Purcell and Benjamin Britten
2. The History of the Orchestra: How It Started!
3. The History of the Orchestra: Through the Centuries!
Meet the Soloists: Learn about the Instruments in Britten's Composition
4. Piccolo, Flute, Oboe
5. Clarinet and Bassoon
6. String Family: Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass
8. French Horn and Trumpet
9. Trombone and Tuba
10. Timpani and Xylophone
11. Bass Drum and Snare Drum
12. Auxiliary Percussion
No reviews available.
© 2017 West Music Company