Enter the West Music Kids of Summer Video Contest!
Submit your entry by August 1st for your chance to win a $300 West Music gift card!
Is your child an up-and-coming composer, unbelievable singer, rip-roaring drummer, high velocity rapper, new-age guitar god, prize-winning yodeler or toe-tapping polka prodigy? Does he or she also have the drive to share it with the world?
Then show us; we'd love to hear it!
With our Kids of Summer Video Contest, you can win a $300 West Music gift card and fuel your child's passion for creative self-expression. We want to see how your kids - wait for it - stay sharp and out of treble. Ha. Anyway, moving on...
How to Enter
Film your little one rocking the world (or the living room) for 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Though it's probably beautiful, we don't need an epic sonata or the entire first act of his/her latest prog-rock guitar fugue. Keep it short and sweet - simply show us your little one feeling the music, having a blast. After all, that's what music is truly about.
Follow these two steps to ensure proper submission:
- All contestants must first upload his/her video to YouTube.
- Then to officially enter with West Music you must:
- Email West Music at firstname.lastname@example.org your official entry with a YouTube link to the video, the name of your child and his/her age,
- Share the video on West Music's Facebook page with a link to the YouTube video, a link to this contest page, and the name/age of your musician.
The Fine Print
- To keep it fair, we're splitting up entries by two age brackets: ages 3 - 8 and 9 - 13.
- You can only submit one video per child. However, families with multiple children are allowed one entry per kid, so feel free to enter them separately. Family bands are encouraged, but the whole group will be counted as one child.
- Keep it kid-friendly. Videos must not include inappropriate language.
Semi-finalists will be selected based on creativity, enthusiasm and talent. We will announce these semi-finalists on our contest and Facebook pages as well as through email by August 19, 2014.
- If your rising star makes it to the second round, we want your friends and family to make his/her video go viral, so be sure to keep them updated and encourage them to share as the competition progresses!
- Two official finalists will be chosen by early September.
- All submissions to the contest may be shared and/or used for promotional purposes by West Music.
So what are you waiting for? Go find your star in a flash of inspiration and win!