pBone is the world's first-all plastic trombone using innovative design and manufacturing to create a trombone made only from plastic. pBone has remarkable sound quality, terrific playability, and looks really cool and funky. Less than half the weight of a brass instrument, it is very durable, making it perfect for young children.
Easy to Play
The pBone is much lighter than traditional brass trombones. The lightweight aids your child's ability to develop good technique and posture and means their arms won't get tired as quickly; they can enjoy playing for longer and progress faster!
The pBone is fantastic value for money, costing around a third of the price of a beginner brass instrument. It comes with everything needed to play right away, plus an array of supporting online learning resources should you need them – ready to go!
Brass trombones are easily dented, damaged, and high maintenance. Because the pBone is made from plastic, it is extremely durable and strong and can withstand the inevitable rough treatment it may receive wherever you take it! Low maintenance and robust the pBone is a worry-free, dependable and fun trombone.
- To maintain your instrument's finish, never clean with hot water, chemical agents, or harsh detergents or solvents. Use only lukewarm water for cleaning purposes. The colored parts can be cleaned with a soft cloth. The fiberglass outer slides may be cleaned with warm soapy water and then lightly apply vegetable oil to restore the look of the surface.
- When new, the slide may feel slow and scratchy. The slide will "break-in" with use as the brass stockings polish themselves and at the same time smooth down the interior of the outer slides. During this "breaking-in period," you will need to frequently clean the inner slides with a lint-free cloth or baby-wipe. You should expect to find a dark deposit both on your cloth and in the condensation coming from the water key; this is normal and shows that the stockings are doing their job smoothing down the outer slide tubes' interior.
- With use and over time, this process will diminish and disappear as the slide becomes quicker, quieter, and smoother to run. You may find that the slide needs less lube during the "break-in" period. If the slide slows during this period, it will almost certainly be a build-up of the dark deposit, so always give the slide a good clean should it slow down.
- Apply a small amount of slide cream to the stockings or apply oil/liquid slide lube to the inner slide top, allowing the oil/lube to run down to the stockings. Spray inner slides with water and work up and down to distribute the cream/oil/lube. Just be careful only to use a small amount; otherwise, it will clog up and make the slide slower. Many pBoners simply use water to lubricate the slide, and that works great on its own!
- You can clean the pInstrument mouthpieces fully in warm soapy water and even put them in the dishwasher!
- Durable ABS body construction
- Lockable slide and water-key
- Lightweight construction only weighing 1.8lbs
- Compatible with any small shank trombone mouthpiece
- Key: Bb
- Bell Diameter: 8"
- Shank: Small
- Color: Green
- Mouthpiece: 6.5AL & 11C Small Shank Plastic Mouthpieces Included
- Case: Cloth Gig Bag