pTrumpet is the world's first-all plastic trumpet using innovative design and manufacturing to create a trumpet made only from plastic. pTrumpet has remarkable sound quality, terrific playability, and looks really cool and funky. Less than half the weight of a brass instrument, it is very durable and features interchangeable valves, making it perfect for young children.
Easy to Play
pTrumpet has been designed especially for small people and made from recyclable ABS plastic, making it much lighter (less than half the weight!) than traditional brass trumpets. The combination of the ergonomic design and lightweight aids your child's ability to develop good technique and posture and means their arms won't get tired as quickly; they can enjoy playing for longer and progress faster!
The pTrumpet is fantastic value for money, costing around a third of the price of beginner brass trumpets. It comes with everything needed to play right away, plus an array of supporting online learning resources should you need them – ready to go!
Brass trumpets are easily dented, damaged, and high maintenance. Because our pTrumpet is made from plastic, it is extremely durable and strong and can withstand the inevitable rough treatment it may receive wherever you take it! Low maintenance and robust the pTrumpet is a worry-free, dependable and fun trumpet.
- pTrumpet is completely made from plastic, making it very durable and robust. It is also coated with antimicrobial technology that kills microorganisms and inhibits their growth. To clean the external surfaces, use a soft cloth with warm soapy water and dry the instrument with a lint-free cloth. We recommend cleaning the instrument before first use, being careful not to get soapy water into the valve system.
- The valve system is low maintenance – designed to operate without any oil or lubrication. However, regular valve oil can be used sparingly and applied thinly across each piston. You may find the application of valve oil or water does not improve valve performance, in which case, clean and dry each piston and the inside of the valve casing thoroughly with a lint-free cloth.
- You can clean the pInstrument mouthpieces fully in warm soapy water and even put them in the dishwasher!
Keep your Valves from Sticking
- Remove each piston and clean and dry the piston and inside of the valve casing with a lint-free cloth. If you have used oil previously, remove all oil thoroughly from the piston and inside of the valve casing.
- Some wear of the piston surface in the early stages of use is normal, and extra cleaning may be needed as the valve system beds in.
- Ensure there is no obstruction or plastic residue inside the valve casing itself, especially around the ports. You can run your fingertips inside the valve casing to feel for any rough edges.
- When playing pTrumpet, hold the valve block with a relaxed left hand as excessive tension in the hand-grip may cause compression of the valve casing and sticking of the valves.
- Durable ABS body construction
- Unique fully plastic valve system with interchangeable valves
- Adjustable Main, 1st & 3rd Valve Tuning Slides
- Compatible with any trumpet mouthpiece
- Key: Bb
- Bell Diameter: 4 3/4"
- Weight: Lightweight Construction 1.1lbs
- Color: White
- Mouthpiece: 3C & 5C Plastic Mouthpieces Included
- Case: Cloth Gig Bag