The P120 is a 2/3-inch diaphragm true condenser microphone that offers solidly built quality, outstanding performance, and excellent value. The low-mass diaphragm delivers a clear sound with accurate sonic detail for vocals, speech, and instrument recording in project studios and for home recording.
Designed on the basis of AKG's decades of knowhow and feedback from sound engineers around the world using AKG studio microphones every day, this microphone brings AKG studio quality to the worlds of recording, live sound, and broadcasting.
AKG P120 Cardioid Condenser Recording Microphone features:
- Cardioid polar pattern: The microphone is most sensitive to sounds arriving from in front of it while picking up much less of sounds arriving from the sides or rear (from monitor speakers or neighboring instruments). This makes the microphone equally suited for recording and onstage use.
- Gold-sputtered diaphragm: The diaphragm is made of a plastic foil that is gold-sputtered on one side only to prevent shorting to the back electrode even at extremely high sound pressure levels(SPL).
- All-metal body: The all-metal body adds to the rejection of RF interference so you can use the microphone near transmitter stations and along with wireless microphones or other communications equipment. The extremely rugged, heavy body and sturdy front grill protect the microphone from damage from tough handling on stage.
- High headroom, minimum distortion: Capable of handling sound pressure levels(SPL) up to 150 dB (P120) or 155 dB (P220) without introducing perceptible distortion and built to resist high temperatures and humidity, the microphone will give excellent results in a wide range of applications.
- Bass cut filter: Selector 1 on the microphone front further reduces low-end distortion caused by footfall or wind noise, etc. The filter also minimizes the proximity effect that close-in miking from less than 4 inches causes in any unidirectional microphone. The filter rolls off at 6 dB/octave from 300 Hz downward.
- Switchable preattenuation pad: Selector 2 on the microphone front lets you increase the headroom by 20 dB for distortion free close-in recording. The preattenuation pad prevents the microphone's output level, particularly at low frequencies, from overloading the miniature transformers used in many mixer input stages, etc.
- Audio Frequency Bandwidth: 20 to 20000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 24 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level: 19 dB-A
- Signal to Noise: 75 dB-A
- Preattenuation Pad: -20 dB
- Bass Cut Filter: 300 - 6 dB/octave Hz
- Electrical Impedance: <= 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: >= 1000 Ohms
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Audio Output Type: Balanced XLR / Male (3-Pin)
- Dimensions (length x diameter): 165mm x 54mm
- Net Weight: 455 g