Shure SM57-LC Instrument Microphone
Shipping international restrictions confirmation
This is the classic "workhorse" microphone of the concert stage and recording studio. The SM57 is excellent for instruments, percussion and recording use. The carefully contoured "presence" boost of this microphone results in clean, beautifully defined reproduction which will not distort even on the loudest program detail. The rich, warm sound also makes it ideal for close vocal pickup. A tight unidirectional pattern minimizes unwanted sounds. This low impedance, dynamic microphone utilizes the standard 3-pin Cannon-type (XLR) connector. Includes a mic clip. Microphone cable sold separately.
What is the SM57 best suited to?
It’s the most popular choice for a professional musician who wants to mic up their amplified or acoustic instrument such as a guitar amp or bass amp, saxophone, trumpet or drums. It is used on stages and in studios around the world.
How does it sound?
The contoured frequency response with its presence rise, helps the instrument cut better through the main mix. The extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and will simply record what you point at it while rejecting sound from the rear.
- Frequency response tailored for drums, guitars, and vocals
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
- Supplied break-resistant swivel adapter that rotates 180°
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity(at 1,000 Hz Open circuit voltage): Open circuit voltage: -56.0 dBV/Pa* (1.6 mV)*(1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Impedance: Rated impedance is 150 Ω (310 Ω actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Case: Dark gray, enamel-painted, die-cast steel with a polycarbonate grille and a stainless steel screen
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Weight: 284g
- Dimensions: 157 mm L x 32 mm W