Habits of a Successful Beginner Band Musician is an excellent, field-tested method for beginning band students. The book consists of 225 sequenced exercises that will help build students' musical enthusiasm and skills and introduce students to some of the world's most fantastic music. Each book includes practice tips, breathing and tone production tips, basic theory, and rhythm charts.
Highlights of this method include:
- Teacher tips for every exercise
- Solfege exercises for students
- Sequential rhythm charts are included throughout the book. These same rhythms are then presented with pitches for a seamless transfer to the music students are performing.
- Technique and skill-building exercises are inserted within the method, which help to prepare students for performance music.
- Shaded boxes highlight first-time challenges in the student books (ex. introducing a new note or musical symbol).
- Instrument specific specialty pages are included (ex. Going over the break on the clarinet, the "F dilemma" on the oboe, percussion rudiments).
- Access to the online component, Habits Universal, which features a backend grade book that allows students to submit video recordings of their performances as a primary source of assessment.