Learn those intricate hot licks and fingerpicking patterns of country music. You'll learn all about the various types of country music, from classic to current–from Western Swing to bluegrass and everywhere between. Take your playing skills beyond the cowboy chords to more complex arrangements, signature opening licks, and solos that characterize today's country hits. Online audio tracks illustrate these licks and concepts in context, and the book shows you exactly how to play them.
You will learn how to play:
- Single and double-note lead style
- Rhythm guitar styles
- String bending, including single-, double-, and triple-note bends
- Triadic pedal steel styles
- Fingerpicking technique
- Western swing style
- Bluegrass lead and rhythm style
- Sound effects, to make your guitar sound like a marimba, Theremin, banjo, and more!