Bring out your students’ inner Recorder Monster with this cleverly written recorder method by Mari Schay. The Recorder Monster method uses familiar tunes with silly lyrics that have a huge appeal to beginning recorder students. This interactive software package works with any computer with a CD drive and is optimized for use with SMART and Promethean Boards. If you don't have one of those, you can take advantage of its full functionality using a projector and a mouse, or let students explore on their own with individual computers.
- "Staff Meeting" allows students to drag notes to the staff to see the correct letter names and fingerings.
- "Quick "Lessons" at the beginning of each class session can help review new pitches, rhythms, and symbols.
- "Fancy Fingers" uses exercises to practice new fingerings.
- "Rockin' Rhythms" is for new rhythms practice with an accompaniment track.
- "Repertoire" puts the music on the board and has performance and accompaniment tracks.
- "Review" game at the end of each unit.