A great resource to put Boomwhackers to use, "Fun With Boomwhackers " is a collection of 20 fun songs and activities to use with Boomwhackers. The diatonic set is used for the most part (the option is given to use the chromatic and bass diatonic sets as well in a few places). The author recommends 4-8 sets for a class.
Each lesson has a suggested grade level, which Bookwhackers to use, and teaching process, and each focuses on beat competency, ensemble playing, coordination, listening skills, cooperative learning, improvisation, and mallet technique. The lessons reinforce standards set by MENC for grades K-8 and appear in order of difficulty for K-8 classes.
Boomwhackers needed (Boomwhacker and Octavator sets are each available separately):
- diatonic set (item 200346);
- one song needs the chromatic set (item 200348).
- diatonic bass set (item 200347, available separately). As an alternative, use two diatonic sets with one set being lowered an octave with Octavator tube caps (item 200403).
- If You're Happy (for grades K-1)
- If You're Happy (with chords, for grades K-1)
- Hickory Dickory Dock (for grades 1-3)
- Hickory Dickory Dock (with thirds, for grades 2)
- Down at the Station (for grades 2-3)
- Run Children Run (for grades 2-4)
- We Like To (for grades 3-5)
- Your Letter (for grades 3-5)
- My Paddle's Keen and Bright (for grades 3-5)
- Getting Around (for grades 4-6)
- Ostinato Exploration (for grades 4-7)
- Take Your Pick! (for grades 4-6)
- Hot Cross Buns #1 (for grades 4-5)
- Hot Cross Buns #2 (for grades 4-6)
- Grandma Brown (for grades 4-6) Flip and Hit (for grades 5-7)
- Ostinato with Movement (for grades 4-7)
- Tom Dooley (for grades 5-7)
- 2 By 2 (for grades 6-8)