My Trip to the Mountains By Lynn KleinerBook and CD
A delightful combination of music, humor, learning, and fun for music teachers, classroom teachers, child care providers…and kids! Through the enchanting songs, orchestral music, and activities in My Trip to the Mountains, kids will enjoy learning about music making, movement, listening, and life in the mountains through this engaging classroom curriculum.
My Trip to the Mountains is fully reproducible, and all the songs are included on the toe-tapping CD. This CD is slightly different from the original stand-alone CD (part# 853063). This enclosed CD has 3 classical music selections added.
Craft and snack ideas are included to immerse students in a joyful, creative learning experience. Award-winning instructor and early childhood innovator Lynn Kleiner shares her creative lesson ideas for young children that capture the wonderful power and excitement of interactive musical learning.
ContentsAbout Orff Schulwerk
Pitch Matching and Beautiful Singing
Songs, Rhymes, and Chants
- Crawdad Hole
- Cumberland Gap
- Diddle Diddle Dumpling
- Drivin’ to the Mountains
- Eagle, Eagle, Where Is Your Nest?
- Going on a Picnic
- Grizzly Bear
- I Love the Mountains
- In the Hall of the Mountain King
- Let Us Chase the Squirrel
- Morning from Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 by Edvard Grieg
- Once an Austrian Went Yodeling
- On My Trip to the Mountains with You
- The Owl Song
- Peanut Butter, Jelly
- Rocky Mountain
- She’ll Be Comin’ Round the Mountain
- Sing Like a Bird!
- Sleepin’ Bag
- The Bear Went Over the Mountain
- First Section from Third Movement of Symphony No. 1 by Gustav Mahler
- Who, Who, Who Are You?
Mountain Arts and Crafts
Mountain Snack Recipes
Mountain Classroom and Concert Décor
Mountain Instrument Making
- Nature Wind Chime, Sand Paper Roof Log Cabin, Tube Drum, Pie-Tin Banjo, Mountain Bug Chirping Sticks, Spoons, Washboard
Mountain Coloring Pages
Musical Instrument Coloring Pages
Animal Puppet Patterns
Additional Mountain Theme Resources
CD Track Listing