This complete GAMEPLAN curriculum set includes all curriculum books and Charts & Visuals sets for grades K-6, as well as the GAMEBOARD.
This is an active music curriculum for children, organized chronologically (Sept-May) with 4 lessons per month, each with approximately 60 minutes of activities. The curriculum embraces several music philosopies, including the principles of Orff Schulwerk and the Kodály approach to reading rhythm and melody.
Each grade level includes:
- Experiences in imitation, exploration, improvisation, and visualization
- Repertoire rich in folk literature, nursery rhymes and traditional singing games
- A yearly plan categorizing objectives in 5 conceptual areas (rhythm, melody, harmony, form, timbre)
- Many song arrangements using barred Orff instruments, percussion, and/or recorders
- Written assessments
Each grade has correlating picture books (picture books are not included with this set).
GAMEPLAN Charts & Visuals & Digital Supplements
Labeled and organized for storage, the over 200 pieces in each optional package support the GAMEPLAN curriculum.
Each set includes:
- Spiral-bound charts
- Sets of flash cards
- Shape cards for form
- Rhythm cards
- Manipulatives to accompany lessons
Each package also includes Digital Supplements (DS) created with the SMART Notebook software and accredited with SMART's Premium Content Status. The DS contain all of the Charts and about 50% of the Visuals. The Visuals used as flash cards or in small group work are NOT included in the DS. In addition to the SMART files, all charts are also included in PowerPoint format, but those images may not be manipulated.
GAMEBOARD & Digital Supplement
The GAMEBOARD is a set of 8 bulletin board components. Designed as companion pieces to GAMEPLAN, each full color display engages students in active music making.
The 132 pieces include:
- Xylophone visual with movable letters
- Recorder fingering charts
- Hand signal cards
- Solfege ladder with movable pieces
- Barred instrument signs
- Body percussion staff with movable pieces
- Music symbol cards
- Unpitched percussion cards
Also included is a Digital Supplement (DS) created with SMART Notebook software and accredited with SMART's Premium Content Status. The DS contains 7 of the 8 components – all but the barred instrument signs.
Click here for an October, 2019 statement from Jeff Kriske and Randy DeLelles, authors of the GAMEPLAN Curriculum