Each grade level in the GAMEPLAN series includes 35 weeks of lesson plans for the elementary music specialist. This curriculum is organized chronologically through the school year from September to May with four lessons per month each with approximately 60 minutes of activities. GAMEPLAN has organized musical objectives in a logical progression that is educationally sound and developmentally appropriate. GAMEPLAN presents the lessons in a concise format that is practical, easy-to-follow and user-friendly.
Each grade level includes:
- Lessons organized into a logical sequence
- Yearly plan categorizing objectives in 5 conceptual areas
- Experiences in imitation, exploration, improvisation and visualization
- Holiday and seasonal activities incorporated into the teaching sequence
- Activities that spark creativity and higher-level thinking skills
- Repertoire rich in folk literature, nursery rhymes and traditional singing games
- Four formal written assessments
- Seating chart template, including space for assessment
- Illustration of all of the charts and visuals used in each lesson
Rhythm Objectives: Demonstrate pulse. Experience fast/slow. Demonstrate long/short. Experience short rhythm patterns through speech, body percussion and unpitched instruments. Experience meter (2/4, 4/4, 6/8). Differentiate between sound/silence.
Melody Objectives: Develop a repertoire of songs (folk/seasonal/multicultural/patriotic). Establish proper vocal tone production. Differentiate between high/low. Experience SM melodies. Demonstrate up/down.
Harmony Objectives: Experience pulse against rhythm. Demonstrate proper mallet technique.
Form Objectives: Experience same/different. Establish phrase. Explore time/space/shape/force in movement.
Timbre Objectives: Identify unpitched percussion. Explore dramatic play. Develop body awareness. Differentiate between vocal qualities (speak/sing/whisper/shout). Demonstrate loud/quiet.
The correlating Charts & Visuals are available separately (item 530401). The GAMEBOARD (item 550062) has classroom visuals and is a companion to the GAMEPLAN curriculum.
Children's literature used in the Kindergarten curriculum:
- Barnyard Dance (item 836106)
- Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom (item 834956)
- Jump, Frog, Jump! (item 835117)
- Piggies (item 835303)
- The children's books are also available at a savings in a set (item 840245).
All the musical examples used in this curriculum are listed on page X (10) of the Preface. Individual tracks can be purchased as available on iTunes.
The following recordings are available at West Music.
- Rhythmically Moving CD 2 (item 850844)
- Listen to the Mockingbird Book/CD (item 815521)
- Down in the Valley Book/CD (item 815524)
Click here for an October, 2019 statement from Jeff Kriske and Randy DeLelles, authors of the GAMEPLAN Curriculum.
Songs and Poems
- 1-E: 1 2 Buckle My Shoe, A Penny a Lump, A Sailor Went to Sea Sea Sea, ABC Song, All Around the Kitchen, Ally Bally, Alphabet Fun, Alphabet Soup, Angles and Curves, Apple Pie, A-Tisket A-Tasket, The Baby Mice, Barnyard Dance, Bling Blang, The Boatman, Boom Makaleli, Bubble Bubble, Bumblebee, Catch Him, Crow!, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Chicken Talk, Chook Chook, Circle Round the Zero, Color Game, The Cuckoo, Dickery Dickery Dare, Do-oh Do-oh!, Duck Duck Goose, El Zapatero
- F-H: Fall, Fall Leaves, The Farmer in the Dell, Fiddle-dee-dee, Five Little Froggies, Follow Me, Frog in the Meadow, Froggies, Get On Board, Goin' to the Farm, Going Over the Sea, Good Cheer, Goosey Goosey Gander, Got to Bed Tom, Grandma's Spectacles, Halloween Color Game, Handy Dandy, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, Heartbeat, Here Comes a Bluebird, Here is the Beehive, Hey Betty Martin, Hey Diddle Diddle, Holiday Fun, Honeybunch, Honk Quck Game, Hop on One Foot, How Many Days?, Hunt the Cows, Hush Hush, Hush Little Baby
- I-M: I Sent a Letter, I Took a Trip, It's a Brand New Year, It's Hanukah Tonight, It's Spring, Jingle Bells, Johnny Hammers, Jump Frog Jump!, The King of France, Lion and Lamb, Listen to the Ducks, Listen to the Hens, Listen to Them Play, Little Bo-Peep, Little Ducks, Little Jack Horner, Little Robin, Little Snowflakes, Looby Loo, Los Pollitos, Lullaby, Mama's in the Kitchen, March, Mary Had a Little Lamb, Matarile, Michael Finnegan, Miss Lucy, Mister Sun, Mom Said, Movement with Feathers, My Little Boat, My Pony Macaroni, My Poor Hand Is Shaking
- N-S: Name That Tune!, Old MacDonald, Old Mr. Bunny, Old Mrs. Witch, On My Head, On Roll On, On the Go!, One for the Money, One Potato, One Two Three, Opposites, Peaches Pears, Pease Porridge Hot, Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater, Piggies, Plenty Fishes, Potato Races, Punch and Judy, Rain on the Green Grass, Rake the Leaves, Rattlesnake, The Robin, Roll Over, Roly Poly, Sally Has One Friend, See a Penny, Sheep in the Meadow, The Ship, The Skaters, The Snowy Day, Song of the Frogs
- T-Z: Take a Trip, Ten Galloping Horses, Ten Little Candles, Ten Little Fingers, Ten Little Soldiers, There She Goes!, This Little Pig, This Old Man, Tinker Tailor, To the Snow, Touch the Ground, The Twelve Days of Christmas, Up to the Ceiling, We Are Scary Skeletons, Welcome Boys and Girls, What Did You See?, What Will You Be on Halloween?, Who Has the Nickel?, Who Took a Piece of My Pumpkin Pie?, Wishy Washy Wee, The Witch Has an Itch, With My Little Broom, Yankee Doodle