Run away to Treble Clef Island, where Super Frog and Mr. E - the well-known and beloved Freddie the Frog and Eli the Elephant - save the ants, beetle bugs and damselflies by resetting the Mighty Meter Gnome, who sets the pace of their working feet. Amid this engaging story, energetic melodies and colorful costumes and sets, students learn about friendship, teamwork and music concepts including tempo terms and beat. Concise directions for making the sets and costumes are provided, along with a reproducible script, lyric sheets and student vocal parts. The optional Orff accompaniments allow you to include even more students in the performance. The included enhanced CD features a high-energy instrumental ensemble. There are 2 accompaniment versions on the CD, but Version 1 includes the metronome sound effects. Piano/vocal scores are provided as data files on the CD.
There are 23 speaking parts along with a chorus of Red Brass Army Ants that can number as many as needed. The script may be adapted for your needs to feature 4 speaking Ants instead of 12, for example.
The musical is approx. 25 minutes long.
For grades 1-3.
- Staging and Performance Suggestions
- Here on Treble Clef Island
- Working Song
- Damselfly Can-Can
- The Metronome Blues
- Super Frog and Mr. E
- You Can Count on Me
- Orff Accompaniments
- Suggestions for Incorporating Orff Instruments
- Here on Treble Clef Island - Percussion Grooves (Maracas, Claves, Conga Drums)
- Working Song (Vibraslap, Ratchet, SG, AX, BX)
- The Metronome Blues (SX, AX, Wood block)
- Song of the Ants (hand Drum, SG, SX, AX)
- Production Guide
- Planning and Rehearsing Your Production
- Set Design and Construction Ideas
- Building the Mighty Meter Gnome
- Costume Design Ideas and Directions
- Tips for Using the Reproducible Posters and the Program Template
- Reproducible Poster