My Recorder Reader 3, 2nd ed.
Shipping international restrictions confirmation
My Recorder Reader 3 (2nd Edition)
44 Songs from Pentatonic to Diatonic
By Isabel McNeill Carley
For beginner recorder players
This collection of pieces from all over the world includes 8 canons, two 2-part tunes, a time-change dance, and a game song. The beginning half of the book uses all the natural notes from low C to high G and then introduces new notes: F#, F#’, A’, G’, Bb and F’. A fingering chart is included. Thirteen pieces have ostinato accompaniments on barred instruments with small non-pitched percussion parts. A majority of tunes have texts and a variety of time signatures is used. Pentatonic ranges expand into hexatonic and full diatonic scales and modes.
This second edition retains the contents of the first edition with the addition of expanded reference and resource materials.
- Introductory pages
- Author’s Foreword (To Learn a New Song)
- Hand Signs and Instrument Abbreviations
- Reading and Saying Time Names
- Editor’s Note
- Songs and Recorder Notes Introduced
- Twinkle Twinkle, The Flora Dance, New River Train, Where Is John? Two Chanteys: Haul the Bowline and Haul Away Joe, Moravian Tune, Old Roger, Melody and Harmony, Hey Ho Nobody Home, Goddesses, Greek Dance, Animal song, Christmas Is Coming, Joy to the World, Silent Nigh, Buttermilk Hill, The Drunken Sailor
- Add F#
- The Train to Santa F, Oh She’s Gone, Gone Gone, Gay La La, Gay Is the Rose, We Three Kings, Here Between Ass and Oxen Mil, Israeli Dance Tune, The Whippoorwil, The Fox, Blow the Winds Southerly
- Add F#’ and A’
- Mixolydian Dance, Lilliburlero,Add G’, Steamboat, Playing Tag, Add Bb, Eriskay Love Lilt, Johnny, Hush Little Baby, Lithuanian Tune, Cold Northern Winds
- Add F’
- The Birds’ Courting Song, A Lullaby for the Flowers, The Seagull, Lowlands, A Bell Canon, Sayings, Jan Pieriwiet
- Fingers for Recorders in F and C
|Author||McNeill Carley, Isabel|