Energetic rhytmic routines are active learning at its very best.
18 familiar songs for holidays and special occasions throughout the year are presented with notated rhythm stick routines. Tap the sticks on knees, cross them with a partner, circle them, and more. Teach the routines by rote or students can read them on the reproducible student pages. Each piece has notated melodies with lyrics and practice patterns. Includes background information about each featured holiday and the history and culture of each piece.
An enhanced CD has Perf/Acc tracks and PDFs of the book. Grades 1-6.
- Auld Lang Syne (New Year's Day)
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- Hail to the Chief (Presidents Day)
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart (Valentine's Day)
- When Irish Eyes Are Smiling (Saint Patrick's Day)
- I Love the Mountains (Earth Day)
- Cielito Lindo (Cinco de Mayo)
- Taps (Memorial Day)
- America (Independence Day)
- The Erie Canal (Labor Day)
- School Days (First Day of School)
- Sailing, Sailing (Columbus Day)
- Have You Seen the Ghost of John? (Halloween)
- The Caisson Song (Veterans Day)
- Over the River (Thanksgiving)
- Shalom Chaverim (Hanukkah)
- Deck the Hall (Christmas)
- Jingle Bells (Winter)