Each country around the globe has special holidays. From Carnival in Brazil, France's Bastille Day, Chinese New Year, and the Fourth of July in the USA, "What Do You Celebrate?" presents 14 special occasions where people dance, dress up, eat yummy foods, and enjoy other fun traditions that have been passed down for generations.
Kids can travel the globe and learn about Fastelavn, Purim, the Cherry Blossom Festival, Holi, Eid al-Fitr, Halloween, Day of the Dead, Guy Fawkes Day, the German Lantern Festival, and more. Each spread showcases a different holiday, offering background and cultural context, vocabulary words, photographs, and instructions for festive projects.
- Xin Nian (Chinese New Year) - China
- Dangpai Losar - Bhutan
- Carnaval (Carnival) - Brazil
- Fastelavn - Denmark
- Purim - Israel
- Hanami (Cherry Blossom Festival) - Japan
- Holi - India
- Eid al-Fitr - Egypt
- Fourth of July - United States
- La Fête Nationale (Bastille Day) - France
- Halloween - Ireland
- Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) - Mexico
- Guy Fawkes Day - England
- Laternenfest (Lantern Festival) - Germany