Accessible Music Toolbox for People with Very Limited Skills is an intense self-study course for music therapists wanting to develop accessible music experiences for individuals with significant disabilities, including people who are minimally responsive. This professional course from Music Works Publications includes a pdf workbook to read on any device, or to download and print. You can listen to the audio discussion directly on any device. The Accessible Music Toolbox also includes the option for earning 10 CMTE credits approved by CBMT for just $6 per CMTE credit.
- Chapter 1: Tune In! Developing meaningful relationships with individuals with severe disabilities
- Chapter 2: Focus! Providing top quality music therapy services
- Chapter 3: Make Music! Facilitating active participation in music making
- Chapter 4: Go Wild! Moving beyond the ordinary
- Chapter 5: Center Stage! Giving life focus and direction
- Chapter 6: Pick A Theme! Encouraging lifetime learning
- Chapter 7: Expand Horizons Looking into the community and beyond
- Chapter 8: Information for earning CMTE credit
Learning Objectives for the Accessible Music Toolbox
- 1. Learners will develop treatment strategies and structure treatment that meets the needs of individuals with significant limitations and disabilities (CBMT Scope of Practice 2010:
- I. Assessment and Treatment Planning,
- A. Assessment 1-15,
- B. Interpret Assessment Information and Communicate Results 1-5,
- C. Treatment Planning 1-16).2. Learners will plan interventions using music therapy strategies that are effective for individuals with with significant limitations and disabilities. (CBMT Scope of Practice 2010:
- II. Treatment Implementation and Termination,
- A. Implementation 1-5,
- B. Safety 1-6).
Statement of relationship to CBMT:
The Accessible Music Toolbox is approved by the Certification Board of Music Therapists (CBMT) for 10 Continuing Music Therapy Education credits (CMTE). Credits awarded by CBMT are accepted by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC). Music Works Publications, S-001, maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria. See the CMTE Information in the Accessible Music Toolbox for details.