This book provides everything you need to know to start playing now. It includes an overview of 47 instruments, rhythm patterns and playing techniques, pronunciation guide, assessment tools and an audio/video CD.
The contents give brief history and overview, construction (where applicable), techniques, and musical applications. The enhanced CD shows Kalani playing each instrument. The rhythm pattern for each instrument is given in the book.
- Practice Tips
- Percussion Actions and Skills
- Percussion Actions
- Percussion Skills
- Percussion Techniques
- Benefits of using KPAS
- Metal - Cowbell, Agogo, Gankogui, Triangle, Sistrum and Jingle Stick, Tambourine, Sleigh Bells, Gongs, Singing Bowl, Bell Tree, Finger Cymbals, Tibetan Bells, Mark Tree, Wind Chimes, Kalimba (Mbira), Flexatone, Spoons
- Wood - Woodblock, Two-Tone Block, Temple Blocks, Frog Rasper, Claves, Castanets, Bones, Log Drum (Krin), Tongue Drum, Clapper Sticks, Ka'eke'eke (Stamping Tubes)
- Shakers, Rattles & Scrapers - Shaker, Maracas (Rattle), Axatse (Rattle), Shekere, Caxixi and Seke-Seke, Cabasa (Afuche), Ratchet (Cog Rattle), Dress Rattles, Guiro, Guira, Reco-Reco, Pu'ili Sticks, Binzasara, Vibraslap
- Other Worldly Sounds - Rain Stick, Ipu (Ipu-Heke), Udu, Berimbau, Whistles
- Tools of the "Played"
- Assessment Tools
- Instrument Icons
- Assessment Answers