Alfred’s Premier Piano Course is an excellent choice for a comprehensive approach to piano instruction for beginner students. The series is comprised of a series of books:
• Lesson – Lesson books are the core of Alfred’s PPC. Lesson books introduce all the new musical concepts: note reading, rhythm and technique exercises, and sight-reading. Lesson books are available with CD to enhance the learning experience. The recordings provide examples at performance tempos as well as slower speeds for practice.
• Theory – The Theory books correlate page-by-page with the Lesson Books. They are an invaluable resource for the beginning students. Each new musical concept is reinforced with written exercises, listening exercises, composition, games, and puzzles.
• Performance – The Performance books provide skill-appropriate and exciting repertoire in a wide variety of styles.
• Technique – The Technique books contain exercises to help students achieve technical aptitude. Skills addressed in the Technique books include arm weight, finger weight and independence, strong fingertips, thumb position, and overall hand position.
Level 2A begins with a review of concepts learned in level 1B with a short quiz. Students are then introduces to more musical concepts including dynamics, tempo markings, tonic and dominant chords, accents, and pedals.
Contents of Christmas Level 2A:
- Arabian Dance (from The Nutcracker Suite)
- Bring a Torch, Jeannette, Isabella
- Carol of the Bells
- Ding, Dong Merrily on High
- It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
- Jingle Bells
- The Little Drummer Boy
- Come, All Ye Faithful
- Over the River and Through the Woods
- Up on the Housetop
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas