Written by blues artist Kevin Burt and piloted throughout the U.S. by over 300 students and seven teachers, this six-lesson method is designed to introduce students grades 5-8 to playing basic cross-harp blues harmonica. Using a color-coded notation system and simple concepts like special effects words, this curriculum requires no previous experience with the harmonica for teachers or students. The sequential, easy-to-understand, and visually appealing curriculum covers short, familiar melodies, breathing exercises, and 4-part harmonica ensemble songs based on the 12-bar Blues.
Includes 1 Hohner/West Music translucent colored harmonica (colors vary)
Just Play It! Student Guide with Harmonica, 2nd Edition features:
- Learn to play basic cross-harp blues harmonica in 6 lessons.
- No previous harmonica experience is needed.
- Uses a color-coded notation system, sound zones, and special effects words.
- Successfully proven with thousands of students!
- The student guide includes one Hohner translucent (colors vary) harmonica and downloadable audio tracks for practice.
*Please note: This 2nd edition now includes a URL link to download music previously found on the CD. If you encounter any issues, please contact us, and we will help!