The Rubank Advanced Method books have been used by generations of music teachers and students. Book 1 is intended to follow elementary and intermediate level instruction books but can be used at any time and in conjunction with or as a supplement to any other study material. The Rubank Advanced Method provides complete pedagogy, presenting scales and arpeggios, articulation studies, duet repertoire, and solos to use for contest preparation.
Highlights of Book 1:
• Scales and Arpeggios of all of the major and minor keys up to two sharps and flats are covered
• Melodic Interpretation including more than 20 contest level duets in each book
• Solo Preparation with six contest level solos included (no piano accompaniment)
• Articulation Studies specialized for each instrument
• Exercises in Fingering (woodwinds), Flexibility (brass) and Sticking (percussion)
• Ornamentation types are introduced