First Steps in Music for Preschool and Beyond Complete Curriculum Bundle - Revised
Item No. 833820
Written by a renowned leader in early childhood music education John Feierabend, this creatively illustrated book contains everything you need to lead a music class for preschool and early elementary students. The curriculum features: Echo songs, call-and-response songs, simple songs, song
Shipping international restrictions confirmation
This item has international shipping restrictions. Would you like to continue adding this item to your basket?
Written by a renowned leader in early childhood music education John Feierabend, this creatively illustrated book contains everything you need to lead a music class for preschool and early elementary students.
The curriculum features:
- Echo songs, call-and-response songs, simple songs, song tales, action songs, circle games, beat motion activities, and more
- Repertoire based on folk or traditional songs and rhymes, because of their natural melodic expressiveness and language flow and wonder
- Complete lesson plans for a 3-year curriculum
- Full coordination with high-quality recordings that contain all the rhymes and music from this book - perfect for parents to play at home or in the car
- Suggestions on setting up a class, preparing parents, record keeping, expanding your music program and planning ahead
- A classical music component, perfect for movement and exploration
Click here for the 2020 supplement to First Steps in Music for Preschool and Beyond.
The Complete Curriculum Package includes the revised editions of:
- The curriculum book First Steps in Music for Preschool and Beyond
- Had a Little Rooster CD (first year lessons)
- There's a Hole in the Bucket CD (second year lessons)
- Old Joe Clark CD (third year lessons)
- Keeping the Beat with the Classics CD (no revision to this CD)
- The Book of Call and Response
- The Book of Beginning Circle Games
- The Book of Children's Song Tales
- The Book of Echo Songs
- The Book of Movement Exploration (no revision to this book)
- The Book of Pitch Exploration (no revision to this book)
- The Book of Songs and Rhymes with Beat Motions
- The Book of Finger Plays and Action Songs
Curriculum Book Contents:
- Getting Started
- The Musical Workout
- Pitch Exploration (Vocal Warm-ups)
- Song Fragments - Echo Songs and Call-and-Response Songs
- Simple Songs
- Song Tales
- Movement Exploration (developing expressive sensitivity through creative movement) - creative movement with and without classical music accompaniment
- Movement for Form and Expression (singing/speaking and moving with formal structure and expression) -
- Non-Locomotor (fingerplays, action songs, circle games, with recorded music)
- Locomotor (circle games, with recorded music)
- Beat Motion Activities (developing competencies in maintaining the beat in groups of 2 and 3) -
- Child-Initiated Songs and Rhymes - non-locomotor and locomotor -
- Teacher-Initiated Beat Motions - non-locomotor and locomotor
- Planning Lessons (templates)
- Sample Lessons (3 years, two semesters each year, 12 sessions each semester)
- Final Thoughts
The correlating DVD's are Move It (850882) and Move It 2 (852339), available separately.
|Author||Feierabend, John M.|
There are no reviews yet.
Stock availability is updated daily and is subject to change during the day. Please contact the store to confirm availability and have us set aside inventory for you.