Conversational Solfege, Level 1 (Complete Set)
Shipping international restrictions confirmation
Conversational Solfege Level 1 - Complete Set
by John Feierabend
Teacher Guide, Flash cards, CD
This set includes the Level 1 Teacher Guide, set of flash cards and CD.
Conversational Solfege provides teaching techniques with song and rhyme literature for developing musical reading and writing skills in the elementary grades.
The selection of songs and rhymes used in this method are from the rich repertoire of traditional folksongs and rhymes.The order of rhythm and tonal patterns used were determined through an investigation of those rhythm and tonal elements which occur regularly in traditional children's folksongs and rhymes, from the simplest to the most complex. The rhythm content of this method begins with the simplest rhythm patterns consisting of the quarter note and two eighth notes in 2/4 meter and the dotted-quarter note, three eighth notes and quarter note followed by the eighth note in 6/8 meter.The simplest set of tones that occur in traditional folksongs was found to be do, re and mi.
- 2/4 meter - quarter note and paired eighth notes
- 6/8 meter - dotted quarter note and 3 eighth notes
- 6/8 meter - quarter note and eighth note
- Key of F Major
- Accompaniment for Rhythm Chanting in 2/4 Meter: Suite in G Minor- Allemande (Bach).
- Accompaniment for Rhythm Chanting in 2/4 Meter: Carnival of the Animals- Finale (Saint-Saens).
- Accompaniment for Rhythm Chanting in 6/8 Meter: Ancient Airs & Dances- Saltarello e Canario (Respighi).
- Accompaniment for Rhythm Chanting in 6/8 Meter: Suite in G Minor- Prelude (Bach).
- Conversational Solfege
- Unit 1: The Crane (Tchaikovsky); Carnival of the Animals- Turtles (Saint-Saens); Can-Can (Offenbach). Conversational Solfege
- Unit 2: Kaiser Waltz (excerpt; Strauss); Roses from the South (excerpt; Strauss); Symphony #5- 3rd Movement (excerpt; Beethoven); March (Schubert); Bolero Ostinato (Ravel). Conversational Solfege Unit 3: The Sorcerer's Apprentice (excerpt; Dukas); On the Trail from Grand Canyon Suite (excerpt; Grofe); Notturno (Delibes). Conversational Solfege
- Unit 4: L'Arlesienne Suite- Carillon Ostinato (Bizet)
|Author||Feierabend, John M.|