Habits of a Successful Musician is a terrific resource for advanced middle school and high school band players that prepares students for playing high-level repertoire. The book consists of more than 200 sequenced exercises that will help build students' musical enthusiasm and skills and introduce students to some of the world's most fantastic music. The books include warm-ups, chorales, sight-reading etudes, rhythm vocabulary exercises, breathing exercises, and embouchure builders.
Other highlights of this series:
- Promotes the idea that fundamentals and practice time should transfer directly into the performance of great literature.
- Includes a sequential format that leads to the mastery of reading rhythms and to musical sight-reading.
- Provides chorales for the development of tone quality, ensemble sonority, and musicianship.
- Presents rhythm charts in a new format to allow transfer from timing and rhythm to pitches in a musical context.
- Provides audition etude sight-reading in a full-band format that is well thought-out in scope and sequence.
- Presents exercises in various keys, tonalities, and modes to aid in the development of the complete musician.
- Creates a mindset intent on establishing a culture of excellence for both the full band program and individual players.