What Great Music!
Classical Selections to Hear and to See
Based on the Music Learning Theory of Edwin E. Gordon
Edited by Andrea Apostoli.
Illustrated by Alexandra Dufey
CD and CD-sized picture book
This CD and accompanying picture book are the perfect way to explore the world of great classical music with young children. The music on the CD has been carefully chosen for its brevity, variety and complexity: perfect for young minds. Each selection links to a delightful illustration and brief line of verse in the full-color booklet.
The illustrations and short texts accompanying each track provide the means to involve children in listening and to allow them to approach musical instruments, learning to recognize them by the sound they produce, by their shape and by their name.
This is a perfect way for kids to immerse themselves in the world of music. Adults know that the selections meet the criteria of world-renowned music educator Edwin E. Gordon, laying the foundation for a child's lifelong connection to music and great music making. Bring musical meaning and connection to the young ones in your life!
For children from 0 to 6 years old.
- Isaac Albeniz - "El Puerto" from Iberia
- Chick Corea - Children's Song III
- Edvard Grieg - "Anitra's Dance" from Peer Gynt
- Dominic Muldowney - "The Toy Soldiers Fancy" from The Brontes
- Carl Maria von Weber - "Rondo" from Adagio and Rondo, J. 115
- Maurice Ravel - "Pavane de la Belle au bois dormant" from Ma mere l'Oye
- Daniel Speer - Sonata in A Minor for Three Trombones
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - "Rondo Allegro" from Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, K525
- Anonymous - Chachaneh tsaghadzoreh, Armenian traditional
- Modest Mussorgsky - "Ballet of the Unhatched Chicks" from Pictures at an Exhibition
- Claude Debussy - "Scherzo-Intermezzo: Moderato con allegro" from Piano Trio No. 1 in G Major
- Igor Stravinsky - "Vivo" from Pulcinella Suite
- Camille Saint-Saens - "The Swan" from Carnival of the Animals
- Benjamin Britten - "Playful Pizzicato" from Simple Symphony, Op. 4
- Jacques Ibert - "Allego" from Three Short Pieces